Assistant Tasting Room Manager - APPLY NOW
The Woodhouse Wine Estates in Woodinville is seeking energetic, friendly & customer focused team members! We are adding an Assistant Tasting Room Manager to oversee daily operations of our tasting room.
The assistant tasting room manager, under the guidance of the Director of Sales and Marketing, is responsible for leading the daily activities of the tasting room, developing and coaching tasting room associates, and ensuring the highest service standards to achieve revenue goals.
- Previous tasting room experience required
- Previous sales and customer service experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Full time availability - regular weekend shifts required.
- Strong wine knowledge along with familiarity of the Washington wine industry
- Ability to address and resolve customer issues in the moment
- Ability to problem solve in a professional and courteous manner
- Lead team of tasting room associates with positive attitude and through coaching, training, and providing regular feedback
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of excel, word, and outlook required Past experience working with WineDirect preferred but not required.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups as well as leading monthly training for staff
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the daily activities of the tasting room to achieve revenue goals, club member growth and ensure the highest level of service
- Manage daily business duties of tasting room, including opening and closing responsibilities
- Responsible for orientation, ongoing training, development, supervision and performance evaluation of tasting room staff
- Support and promote all company policies and procedures
- Represent the company and brands enthusiastically and in professional manner
- Manage, coach and help to develop team members
- Maintains and updates tasting menus as needed
- Assist the winery with events and other related activities as needed
- Assist with marketing campaigns, promotions, and wine club related tasks as needed
- Creates monthly staffing work calendar and the monthly tip distribution for the staff
- Schedule staff meetings to communicate company news, sales, club and service goals
- Promote positive energy and team building with tasting room staff
- Meet regularly with Director of Sales and Marketing to discuss progress and strategies of sales and club goals
- Implement operational directives, per upper management
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Valid Washington State MAST Class 12 Permit and Food Handlers Permit required
- Industry discount at many of the wineries in the area! (Industry discounts vary per winery, but many include complementary tastings and discounts on purchases.)
- Employee benefits include 50% off of Woodhouse wine and food
- Prioritized hours and shifts
- Potential benefits and/or commission incentive structure